We encourage you to bookmark this page so it can be a ready reference for any questions you may have.
Your new hardwood floor is easy to take care of and can stay beautiful for many years. Just remember these tips:
- Remove any sand or grit with a dust mop or a vacuum with a soft bristle brush.
- Protect high traffic areas with floor mats or rugs.
- Wipe up spills and accidents immediately and clean with Squeaky Hardwood Floor Cleaner.
- NEVER use liquid floor wax if your floor has a polyurethane finish.
- Always use floor protectors under furniture legs.
- Use an air humidifier during the winter months when the heat is on.
How To Care For Accidents On Your Hardwood Floor:
- Wipe with a cloth slightly dampened with lighter fluid.
- Clean with Squeaky Hardwood Floor Cleaner.
- Buff with a clean dry cloth.
- Gently rub the burn with very fine steel wool moistened with Squeaky Hardwood Floor Cleaner until the blackened area is removed and allow to dry.
- If the burn is deep, scrape the charred area with a sharp knife before using the steel wool moistened with Squeaky.
- Touch up with stain or polyurethane finish using a small brush.
- For extreme cases, call us!
FOOD, WATER, PET STAINS:
- Remove with a damp cloth.
- Buff with a clean cloth.
WAX OR GUM:
- Put some crushed ice in a plastic bag and apply to area until the material is brittle enough to crumble off the floor surface.
- Remove what is left using a cloth dampened with a mild cleaning solution.
- Buff with a clean, dry cloth.
To cover white scratches, use Old English Scratch Remover. Larger scratched areas may need to be re-coated. Call us!